As we enter the 2020s I want to set my intentions, acknowledge how far I've come, and be as conscious as possible about what I want for myself in the coming decade. Last year I was barely able to review the year or set intentions for 2019 because I was embroiled in a lawsuit and traveling back and forth to Illinois. (This is the only close-to-relevant post from that time.) I AM SO GRATEFUL THAT'S OVER!
These prompts are from Bridgette Wolleat's email newsletter, and they will be a great jumping off point:
What things make me feel happy to be alive and how can I add more of that into my life?
- Working out! This year Kelly and I have finally managed to get in a workout routine without needing group fitness classes at a gym to motivate us. We do Les Mills On Demand at home about 3x a week, alternating weight lifting and cardio classes. We have struggled with being consistent in our workouts for years, and we have really reached a nice rhythm now. I also love getting stronger at handstands and running. We run about once a month and it would be nice to do that more. To add more into my life, I only want to keep up the good work and remember that exercising gives me natural energy.
- Psychedelics! Microdosing really helps me have a good attitude and remember the meaning of life. I also intend to do a full blown trip this year, to reset my mind and gain some new insights. To add more to my life, I know exactly what to do...
- School of Life Design! Our business is really thriving now! Keeping up with adding new materials to our Magickal Library every month is a welcome challenge. We always have new ideas for products and are in a great flow with SoLD. In 2020 we want SoLD to pay ALL of our monthly expenses--so that requires bringing in about $2500 in profit a month. We can do it!! I don't have to do anything to add more of this to my life, it just keeps coming!
- Friends! Seeing my friends from Texas and Illinois and making new friends while working markets here has been integral in helping me remember how nice it is to connect with others. We don't make a huge effort to make friends but in 2020 I want to make friends in Cleveland that we actually hang out with! To add more friends to my life, I will be more willing to work at and attend popup markets, maybe organize a dinner party, and be very open to meeting new people when I work as a tarot reader!
What do I want to start saying YES to?
- Working out when I'm in a bad mood or dragging my feet. It always, always makes me feel better.
- Trusting the process of life. Not resisting so hard. Allowing what is, to be. Not trying to take stimulants to keep up, but trusting the natural flow of life to bring me to where I want to be. Knowing that I choose the MAGICK LIFE over the ego strife.
- BEING PRESENT!! I know that is all I truly desire and need, and when I can remember to be present, everything is fun and there's nothing to worry about!!
What is something that I want to let go of, so that I can create room for something else?
- Needing to alter my consciousness to keep up. I want to let go of my dependencies on things outside of me. I want to be my reason for feeling good. This requires only exercise, journaling, play and meditation. I know I can do it.
- Making up stories in my mind about what other people think or do. I want to mind my own business and see the best in everyone!
- I've recently let go of kratom, which is exactly what I knew had to be done before the end of the year. I fucking DID IT. I LET THAT SHIT GO. I know so much is opening up for me now that I am free of that addiction.
What would my younger self be proud of for me today?
- I'm going to be a real tarot card reader at a shop in town!!!!
- I have returned to my high school weight! Ok so maybe this is evidence of my former eating disordered self, but to me this is so so huge because I have struggled with food, my weight and eating disorders for a very long time. I slowly lost about 15 pounds this year by counting every calorie and being very deliberate about what I eat. I never once felt deprived and I very rarely binged. This is the most successful weight loss I've ever pulled off and I am so proud of myself for doing it slowly and healthily. I have wanted to hit my goal weight THIS ENTIRE DECADE and finally this year I did it!
- I run my own business with my beautiful wife, and it's been paying the rent and bills and we are showing no signs of slowing! We love our work and we are the most time affluent people we know!!
How am I making the world a better place? Self love is about acknowledging my talents, power, and worth as a human being.
- My youtube videos seem to really really help people! I get kind comments every day! I am so grateful I have found something truly helpful I can do!
- School of Life Design materials help ME have such a good life, and I know they help other people too. I am so grateful to be in the business of being!!
- This year we have made an effort to give more money and gifts away. It feels so good to tip really hard or donate to someone in need's venmo. I want to find more ways to give and share.
Where do I crave deeper intimacy in my life? And where am I feeling really nurtured by the intimacy in my life?
- I crave closer friendships. I crave having a community. I crave having friends to text to see if they want to come over. I crave feeling more flexible in getting around the city.
- I feel so incredibly nurtured by Kelly. She is my angel healer oracle perfect partner. She takes such good care of me and I love my life with her so very much.
- I feel nurtured by my family and friends. I am so grateful to have family to call and friends to chat with!
- I crave more connection to my source. I really pinched myself off with the kratom and I am ready to connect more fully to who I really am.
What fears or limiting beliefs do I want to let go of right now?
- After getting hit by cars on my bike TWICE I am fucking terrified of cycling. But it used to be my absolute favorite method of transportation. I would love to get over my fear of biking, and my limiting belief of bad things coming in threes. I would just LOVE to be able to bike around the city this year. I want it so bad. I want to release this absolute FEAR. I RELEASE MY FEAR OF CYCLING RIGHT NOW.
- I also want to feel more comfortable in this city. I want to let go of the fear of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I just realized, I am always in the right place at the right time. I RELEASE MY FEAR OF BEING IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME.
What new opportunities or projects do I feel called to begin right now?
- I want to make my meditation videos this year BETTER THAN EVER. I want to make them so good they attract a much larger audience. I want to feel amazing when I record and when I post. I want to keep up my posting schedule.
- We have a new notebook idea we're going to do--First thing in the morning and right before bed notebook. A page you do every day before going to bed and before getting out of bed.
- I want to WRITE way more. Articles and honest sharing.
- Counting! I really want to keep up the counting. It's the best way to get out of my mind into the flow.
Thank you Bridgette for the insightful prompts!
My word for 2020 is FRIENDLY.
My intention for 2020 is SINGULAR FOCUS.
My theme for 2020 is PERFECT TIMING.
And so it is!