I'm so grateful for meditation. I'm so grateful that every single time I do it, it works. I'm so grateful that I have a partner to meditate with. I'm so grateful to share such powerful energy. I'm so grateful I have enough time affluence to meditate every day.
From the book Happier, by Tal Ben-Shahar (who teaches a positive psychology class at Harvard):
Time affluence is the feeling that one has sufficient time to pursue activities that are personally meaningful, to reflect, to engage in leisure. Time poverty is the feeling that one is constantly stressed, rushed, overworked, and behind. All we have to do is look around us – and often within ourselves – to realize the pervasiveness of time poverty in our culture.
I'm so grateful for enough money from our business profits to pay for gas. I'm so grateful that Kelly and I spend so much time laughing. I'm so grateful that yesterday was so fun. I'm so grateful I started the new habit of posting at night! I'm so grateful to be in a warm apartment when it is so chilly out. I'm so grateful that I have a laptop so I can write from anywhere. I'm so grateful I have warm clothes to wear. I'm so grateful I've been eating so well. I'm SO grateful I wrote that post last night! It was so fun!
I'm so grateful we got to AJ it at the Y last night. I'm so grateful they have all these big open rooms to do whatever you want in. I'm so grateful we got to hang out with our new friend Jesse, who we've been waving to for weeks and weeks but had yet to speak with.
I'm so grateful for kale and tomatoes and onions and jalapenos and delicious raw dressing. I'm so grateful for spinach and almonds and sunflower seeds and celery. I'm so grateful for conveniently frozen berries and bananas. I'm so grateful for oranges and garlic and avocados.
I'm so grateful I decided to take the day off from Body Pump and running because I need to rest. I'm so grateful I know how to listen to my body. I'm so grateful my kitties chill with me while I write. I'm so grateful the power came back on last night! I'm so grateful to live in a modern society with heat and electricity. I'm so grateful my sister arrived safely back in Berlin! I'm so grateful she'll be back in Austin soon.
Wouldn't it be nice to straight chill today and get 100% better? Wouldn't it be nice to rest and allow well being to flow through me? Wouldn't it be nice to finish publishing the article I wrote last night? Wouldn't it be nice if I wrote an article every morning and night? Wouldn't it be nice to have limitless energy? Wouldn't it be nice to be well? Wouldn't it be nice to feel relief? Wouldn't it be nice to feel energized? Wouldn't it be nice to have the best day of my life? Wouldn't it be nice to work on some monetization today? Wouldn't it be nice to get a back rub? Wouldn't it be nice to feel better? Wouldn't it be nice to feel refreshed and rejuvenated?
Today I intend to allow well being to flow through me.
I love resting. I love taking it slow so I can be back to 100%. I love that Pwny and Linty are chilling next to me. I love that salsa is roasting in the oven. I love that we get to eat dough babies today. I love that I wrote that post last night along with another article. I love that Clair talks to me in pictures now! I love that she always has and I just didn't know it. I love that I've learned the source of art. I love that I get it now. I love that I'm an artist. I love that I'm a designer. I love focusing on positive aspects. I love choosing to feel good. I love snow days. I love that my wife takes care of me. I love that I have a wife. I love that I have lots of new friends. I love that we've lived in Austin long enough to know people wherever we go. I love that Austin is a small city. I love learning more about this beautiful city. I love that when the power went out last night, the only thing I worried about was our science experiment. I love having a top secret science experiment. I love relaxing and allowing. I love basking. I love feeling good.
11 things I'm excited about today
- PRACTICING THE FEELING IS HOW YOU GET WHAT YOU WANT. You have to "catch" it. You don't feel it every time you decide to practice. When you put a hook in the water, it doesn't catch something every time. What will you feel like when your problem is resolved? Picture that feeling and practice it.
- "We are enlivening time, rather than killing time." - from the book Happier
- I am in love with the song Glibity Glob by Heyocka.
- Gymnastics + AJs, it's coming.
- Dough babies. Simple pleasures today.
- New article in progress about imagemaking as a flow activity, love love love
- Writing lists of things I appreciate about people has totally changed my life! Highly recommend!
- Snow day! Straight chillin. It might even snow here tomorrow!
- I got a massive compliment on the AJ forum from an AJ guru ^_^
- Time affluence. Something I have SO MUCH OF. I'm rich, bitch! No wonder I'm so happy.
- Posts at night. Best new habit ever.
10 things I appreciate
About my mom:
- We have a deep psychic connection.
- She gives amazing back rubs with her mom hands.
- She's achieved what she wanted with her life.
- She devoted her life to her children.
- She always feeds us great food.
- She's really pretty and has a great sense of humor.
- She is a tennis pro!
- She has such a kind heart and loves animals so much.
- She offers to take care of me when I'm sick even now.
- She has faith in me and always supports my endeavors.
About my dad:
- He taught me how to have fun.
- He has always taken SUCH good care of his children, providing everything we need.
- He is extremely intelligent and good at everything he does. He also has a great sense of humor.
- He always gets what he wants.
- He often does know best!
- Beneath his beefy exterior he's really sensitive.
- He is an expert wood-worker. He has always made beautiful high quality furniture for us.
- He introduced me to computers and loves computers himself.
- He always encouraged me to do my best and expected nothing less.
- He is so generous and kind to everyone around him.
About my Grandma:
- We have very similar tastes in clothes!
- She always thinks of her grandchildren at holidays and sends cards and gifts.
- She's beautiful and so comforting to be around.
- She reads my website without freaking out and often emails me regarding things I write. I love this!
- She has an incredible laugh that I often seem to use myself.
- She is always smiling and having a good time.
- She is an Ebay expert!
- She always wanted me to help her with her computer and I loved doing it so much.
- She (and my grandpa) always calls on my birthday
- She used to have this amazing toy collection for us to play with when we were kids.
About my Grandpa:
- He restores furniture, like trunks, and makes them so beautiful.
- He has impeccable craftsmanship.
- He is so gentle and kind and says more with his eyes than his words.
- He is so handsome!
- He collects banks and keeps them on gorgeous display.
- He treats my Grandma so well.
- He's so friendly and gets along with everyone.
- He has mesmerizing workshops that I used to love playing around.
- He's a wood-carving pro!
- He likes to go gambling with my Grandma :]
Message from Clair
Clair, why does writing those lists make me so emotional?
Think about the last time you wrote a list of things you appreciated about your parents or grandparents. Have you EVER done it? When we choose to focus on the positive aspects of people, the so-called, perceived "negative" aspects fade into the background. When we focus on the positive, we realize that all people really are genuinely good and made of love, just like you are. And when we only perceive the positive aspects about people, we start liking them a lot more! As we appreciate, their value appreciates.
Telling my future
Today is restful and relaxing. Today is full of love and appreciation. Today is focused on well being and allowing.
Interview with myself
Why are you sick if you think so positively all the time?
Getting sick is not a bad thing, it's just an indicator of an old thought pattern. I felt like I was doing too much, too fast, and not appreciating the moment enough. Bam, I get sick and have plenty of time to appreciate. It's like I'm learning my more natural rhythm of life. I'm usually so caffeinated and trying to speed through my life, I value when my body tells me to slow down and enjoy what's going on right now.
- I'm allowing well being.
- I am impeccable in my thoughts, words and actions.
Links I love
- YUM! The Vegan Stoner ^_^
- Remember doing this in gym class? Awww.
- Still can't get over those SLuicide Girls!
- How I learned to make animated gifs in Photoshop CS3 last night.
- And I had some quotation punctuation questions, all answered here.
- I love it when they announce the SXSW Interactive Web Award finalists! So much inspiration!