I am so grateful for meditation with Kelly. We generally do it for 15 minutes every day before our run, after writing a post or two. It slows us down and sets the tone for the day. It's diving into a sea of boundless creativity. It is a hot tub for my thoughts.
I am so grateful we ran outside yesterday. The weather was exquisite. We got to really enjoy our neighborhood. Everyone said hi to us like they knew us.
I am so grateful it's spring again! I LOVE LIVING IN TEXAS.
I am so grateful for our delicious tomato soup lunch yesterday. Best lunch ever.
I am so grateful we got to go downtown to see Black Swan at the Drafthouse with Kerri, Joy and Betty. I wouldn't recommend the movie but it was a fun experience!
I am so grateful I live in Texas.
I am so grateful for the Alamo Drafthouse, where you get served dinner and drinks while you watch the movie! Most brilliant entertainment concept ever.
I'm so grateful I didn't drink at the movie, the first time ever being sober at the Drafthouse!
I am so grateful for this beautiful, fun, intelligent girl I get to call my wifey.
I am so grateful I went back to reading Flow. I adore this book. I love the idea of not needing external stimulation to entertain myself.
I am so grateful I read about Democritus and his love of thinking. I love the idea of sitting around and just THINKING, because it feels good.
I am so grateful I have a philosopher as a new role model!
I am so grateful Stephen came over last night and we got to do an impromptu astrojax photoshoot!
I am so grateful for all the time I get to spend being silly with Kelly, spying on people through our peephole.
Wouldn't it be nice to start afresh today? Wouldn't it be nice to feel brand new? Wouldn't it be nice to start a 30 day trial? Wouldn't it be nice to feel completely in control of my vibration? Wouldn't it be nice to go to Vegas next Christmas before Aruba? Wouldn't it be nice to travel a lot this year? Wouldn't it be nice to see new things? Wouldn't it be nice to get that post written before we go to the gym? Wouldn't it be nice to have plenty of time for the gym and working on the podcast? Wouldn't it be nice to get all 4 episodes ready for publication? Wouldn't it be nice to get this excitement post up? Wouldn't it be nice to choose to feel good every moment? Wouldn't it be nice to fit into those jeans? Wouldn't it be nice to have only positive vibrations about food? Wouldn't it be nice to let go? Wouldn't it be nice to play with AJs this morning? Wouldn't it be nice to work on the book today? Wouldn't it be nice to win at poker? Wouldn't it be nice to do a total cleanse? Wouldn't it be nice to have it come naturally? Wouldn't it be nice to lay off the sugar? Wouldn't it be nice to eat our salad for dinner again soon? Wouldn't it be nice to have a spinach smoothie for breakfast? Wouldn't it be nice to Crazy Cruize it today? Wouldn't it be nice to hang out with Stephen more and do some more AJ photoshoots? Wouldn't it be nice to have AJ blacklight parties at our place every night? Wouldn't it be nice to get more black lights? Wouldn't it be nice to feel really good today? Wouldn't it be nice to feel in the flow all day? Wouldn't it be nice to choose to feel in the flow all day? Wouldn't it be nice to choose to feel in the flow every day?
Today I intend to feel brand new, fresh, clean. Today I intend to feel like I'm taking the first handful of steps on a really important, fun journey. Today I intend to do what I know feels good. Today I intend to make new sledtracks. Today I intend to consume as little as possible. Today I intend to love myself wholly. Today I intend to love myself unconditionally. Today I intend to have fun. Today I intend to feel clarity.
I feel like I'm at a new beginning. I feel like I am starting over. I feel like I am applying all the knowledge I've gained recently. I feel like I am winning. I feel like I get it. I feel like I am in control of my vibration. I feel like I have all the time in the world.
I love getting up early to focus. I love clarity. I love playing with AJs with my friends. I love the concept of having friends over with no set agenda, like what you would do when you were a kid. "Hey want to come over and play?" I love that. I love that being in the presence of a friend was all that you needed. I love that you didn't need an excuse or specific purpose to hang out. I love new beginnings. I love starting fresh. I love the feeling of a new sketchbook. I love the feeling of energy. I love the idea of being completely substance free for several weeks. I love my friends. I love hanging out for no reason. I love impromptu gatherings and photoshoots. I love reading before bed. I love having three different kinds of AJs to play with!
11 things I'm excited about today
- This list! Keeping this list is helping me feel so much more excited about everything! It really works!
- My new running mantra! Instead of repeating "I love running, I love myself" I now think "This feels so good, I'm in the flow." It feels fantastic!
- Yesterday while playing with AJs I learned that if I FOCUS ON THE BALLS (instead of the string) I can imagine much more exciting tricks
- BLACKLIGHT BABES IN TOYLAND is Kelly's and my new aesthetic direction for our apartment decor. HOT.
- Kelly and I have started a "clean-up our thoughts" cleanse! While getting in the habit of positive thinking, we were very vocal about directing our thoughts. Now that we're in the habit, I want to be more vigilant about what I speak about and think about.
- I am designing an astrojax-jewelry-fashion-show photo shoot!
- Yesterday I desperately wanted to write this post about excitement I had swirling around in my head, but I just couldn't. I took a nap in a huff because I couldn't force myself to work. Later after Stephen came by and I got some sweet photos, I realized the reason I couldn't work on the post was because I didn't have the right photos yet. I just needed patience. PATIENCE AND NAPS, NOT CAFFEINE!
- Playing with astrojax is like a quick meditation. After coming out of the movie last night, Kel and I played with the AJs on the street while waiting for our friends/sisters. It worked so well as a way to meditate and clean up our thoughts real quick. If you look at meditation as a hot tub for your mind, playing with AJs while out and about is like taking a quick drink of water.
- The philosopher Democritus is my new role model - he figured out that to enjoy life one must have an ordered consciousness.
- We get to play poker tonight! I won last time, I bet I'll win again ^_^
- We get to work out at the Y today! I love going there and just hanging out! The people there are so cool!
Message from Clair
At any time you can choose a different thought. You can drop things from your life, change your behavior, or make a new habit. Instantly. All you have to do is choose it. MAKE THE CHOICE TO CARE ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL, 24 HOURS A DAY. YOUR POWER IS IN THE NOW.
I choose to feel good in each and every moment.
Links I love
- A great Quora question - why are some people better negotiators than others?
- My friend Justine from undergrad has a food photography posterous that I've been feelin
- Sarah Wilson talks about slowing down to find the pace for everything... get in the flow!