Grateful people are happier, less depressed, less stressed, and more satisfied with their lives and social relationships. Grateful people also have higher levels of control of their environments, personal growth, purpose in life, and self acceptance. Grateful people have more positive ways of coping with the difficulties they experience in life, being more likely to seek support from other people, reinterpreted and grow from the experience, and spend more time planning how to deal with the problem. Grateful people also have less negative coping strategies, being less likely to try to avoid the problem, deny there is a problem, blame themselves, or cope through substance use. Grateful people sleep better, and this seems to be because they think less negative and more positive thoughts just before going to sleep.
This week, I'm so happy & grateful that...
- My plaid juniors-sized skirt fits again woot! The last time it fit was spring 2009.
- We were able to get rid of so many possessions when we moved! We have about 75% less stuff now.
- I took a day off last week to work on my site & get inspired. Time well spent!
- Mondays are such fresh, new days waiting to be conquered.
- We've moved to a new neighborhood to explore!
- We have a new friend, Annalise! I met Annalise when I was teaching at University of Illinois & she just recently moved to Austin. We have raw vegan feasts together & keep each other motivated to continue pursuing a healthy lifestyle.
- Our new place feels exactly like a luxurious hotel!
- We're taking the first week of marathon training reeeal easy ;]
- We are on DAY 26 of our all raw vegan, no alcohol or caffeine challenge! Only two more weeks to go!
- Speaking of, we're on DAY 5 of our 10 day water fast! Holy crap, what an experience.
- My kitty Linty survived the great move of 2010! When we were loading up stuff at our old house, Linty got scared & hid in a suitcase. That suitcase ended up in the moving truck, & we had no idea she was in there! After a huge scare when we went to pick up the cats, I found her all zipped up & safe & sound. Scary!
- Austin has rawsome events like Dr. Ritamarie's Raw Vegan Potluck
- My new multicolored pencils came in the mail! These pencils make my Moleskine happy.
- I get to stay involved with the UT Second Life group, even after my job ends. I love the people I work with, & am excited to see how the year unfolds for the UT campuses that are innovating education in virtual worlds.
- We've been doing little more than lying in bed watching Netflix! Fasting leaves my body pretty weak but my mind is racing, so cuddling in the bed with laptop & entertainment is a perfect fix.
- We are having a housewarming happy hour on July 30! I will be done with my job, we'll get to drink & eat cooked food... Bliss!
Thanks for reading! What are you so happy & grateful for this week?