I've watched the film The Secret several times since my friend Jessie suggested it a couple months ago. The Secret is all about the law of attraction, & how to make practical use of it. The law of attraction states that what we think about directly influences what happens in our lives. Think about debt, heartache, & pain, & that's what you attract into your life. Think about love, happiness, & joy, & it will flow into your life effortlessly.
Learning about the law of attraction has completely transformed me. Back in April I was struggling with some mild depression, & changing my thought patterns from negative to positive made all the difference in the world!
Here are my favorite concepts from The Secret. My hope is that they might get you excited about thinking positively too! Whenever I find myself in a negative mood, it's helpful to remember that I am the creator of my reality, & that I choose absolutely everything that is in my life. We all have the power to have whatever we desire, why not take advantage of it?
- Ask. Believe. Receive. These are the simple instructions for implementing the law of attraction in your life. Figure out what you want (which is the hard part!), & then ask for it. Asking publicly online is one of the best ways to get the things you need. Ask on Facebook, ask on Twitter, ask on your blog. Your social network will surprise you! Next, just believe you have what you want! Act as if it's already yours. Begin to FEEL like everything you want is already yours. Then, you receive. By asking for what you want & believing it is already yours, the universe has no choice but to bring you what you want!
- When you visualize, you materialize. Picture exactly what it will be like to have what you want. Visualize it over & over.
- Thoughts become things. You have the power to manifest real, physical, things. By constantly envisioning your deepest desires coming true, you are signaling to the universe that you are ready to make those things real.
- Make a habit of using the law of attraction. This can be difficult at first, but is essential for success. Picture your day in segments, & before each one, quickly visualize how you want that segment to play out. I have trouble remembering to do it sometimes, but when I do, it definitely works!
- Whatever you think about & thank about, you bring about. Being thankful & full of gratitude is essential. First, being grateful for what you already have is the quickest way to change a negative mood around. Second, having a constant feeling of gratitude in your mind primes you for receiving more.
- Trust inspired thought. The universe likes quick decision-making. Trust your intuition & act swiftly & you will be rewarded :]
- Paint it. The law of attraction makes a lovely complement to creativity. Creating artwork that physically visualizes what you want generates an artifact that you can look at again & again whenever you need a reminder.
- Life is meant to be abundant in every way. Asking for what you want is not selfish, & you deserve to have everything you wish. There is enough for everyone! When you get what you want, you become a happier person. Being happy & positive is the best way to help & inspire others.
What do you think about the law of attraction? Has it helped you in your life? If you haven't yet, give it a shot & let me know what you think.