If you are anything like me, you woke up this morning with a million things to do before the work day even started. Emails to send, paperwork to tend to, projects to work on. But maybe you hit that snooze button a few too many times, and now there's no time to do everything you wanted before leaving the house for the day.
I hate it when this happens. I woke up this morning feeling like all sorts of shit. I ate too much this weekend, got only a couple hours of sleep, and I have an endless pile of homework and work obligations that are suffocating me. It's raining and cold out, and I'm pretty sure I hate my haircut right now.
To this list of woes I reply: so what! It's Monday, and it's time to set things straight! And so I am choosing to write this post of positivity at 6:36am instead of checking off any other item on my to-do list. I want to talk about what good things are coming this week, and what I'm going to do to make them happen. I think of writing this post as meditation, and what I concentrate on now will guide the trajectory of my week.
These are the awesome things I want to focus on this week!
- trying to remove gluten from my diet! And receiving this book in the mail.
- making progress on my exhibition and thesis. I am done overthinking this! It is time to disseminate.
- creating premium content! That is all I want to do with my life! I should remember that more often.
- finishing our last week of training before the Austin Half Marathon on Sunday. Holy shit.
- recording lots of fun podcasts & staying on top of posting them.
What things do you want to get done this week? What improves your Monday morning attitude?